Meetings of the Parish Council take place on the first Thursday of the month in the Village Hall at 7:30pm unless otherwise stated.
Members of the public are welcome to attend and a short period is put aside at the begining for anyone who wishes to address the Council but members of the public cannot participate in the meeting.
- Proceedings shall not begin before 6.00pm
- The Chairman of the Parish Council shall preside
- If the Chairman is absent the Vice-Chair shall preside
- If the Chairman and the Vice-Chair are absent the meeting shall appoint a Chairman before it proceeds to any other business.
- As soon as the chair has been filled and provision made for recording the proceedings, the minutes of the previous meeting shall be considered and if correct, signed by the person presiding at the meeting, so they will be posted here one month in arrears.
Any matters raised with the Parish Council, whether by members of the public, commercial firms, voluntary bodies or public-sector organisations should, where possible, be passed to the appropriate councillor for delegated action or to recommend a course of action to the council as appropriate.
Please note that you will need to have the Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer in order to read or print the agendas and minutes. If you don’t have the reader you can download it here
In May of each year the Parish Council holds an Annual Parish Meeting and an Annual Meeting of the Parish Council.
At the Annual Parish Meeting the Chairman produces a Report on the progress of the previous year and plans for the forthcoming year. The Responsible Financial Officer presents the accounts. This is not a formal Parish Council Meeting and refreshments are often served.
At the Annual Meeting of the Parish Council the Chairman, Vice Chairman and Responsible Financial Officer all stand down and are re-elected by the other members of the council. Every four years there is an election of the whole council.
Also at the AMPC the dates for the forthcoming meetings are set, the Internal Auditor is appointed and any members who represent the Council on outside bodies or internel committees and identified and minuted.
It is quite normal for the Clerk to also act as the Responsible Financial Officer.